Home > Zune 4.0, Zune HD, Zune Marketplace > Zune 4.0 Marketplace (slowness) fix

Zune 4.0 Marketplace (slowness) fix

This is a fix for slow Zune marketplace on Win 7, I have tested this on my Win 7 64 bit. Marketplace works fine on my Vista 32 bit and xp 32 bit. You can try this for your Vista 64 bit too. You can find users reporting on this forum http://forums.zune.net/2/8/526815/ShowPost.aspx

The Fix
Turn off Automatically detect LAN settings in your IE.
Steps

1. Open IE
  2. Click on Tools–> Internet Options
  3. Click on “Connections” Tab
  4. Click button “Lan Settings”
  5. Un-Check ” Automatically detect settings” (this is/was set by default in my Win 7 installation)
  6. Restart IE and Zune (if you had it open)

I found an article for slow saving of documents in SharePoint from Windows 7 client and this was the fix and thought these were related.

Screenshots

Advertisements
  1. Joe
    September 29, 2009 at 1:39 am

it worked! using windows 7 32-bit and zune 4.0

thanks a LOT!

2. September 29, 2009 at 4:58 am

It didn’t work for me ond Win 7 RC x64, but my Vista x86 system that isn’t having problems, didn’t have the box checked.

• bazztrap
      September 29, 2009 at 5:28 am

I would recommend undoing all the previous changes posted in that forum and restarting the box with the fix I mentioned and trying it out. One more thing try access zune market place (under your user name) using IE and check the speed

• September 29, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Other than the Windows firewall exception for Zune.exe and adding zune.net to the trusted sites I did no other fixes.

I undid those while keeping the box unchecked and no change.

IE does feel faster though.

• May 29, 2012 at 4:12 am

are now ready to install Windows Phone 7 apitncalpois like:a0 Seesmic for Windows Phone 7, Foursquare for Windows Phone 7, Facebook for Windows Phone 7 and many more helpful

3. September 29, 2009 at 4:59 am

subscribing to thread, sorry for extra post

4. bazztrap
    September 29, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Kacey, this might be a firewall issue. Try turning of windows firewall and anti-virus. It also possible on the router front, if you router has enabled firewall and blocking specific applications.

5. Ranjeet
    September 30, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Thanks for posting this…it worked, and the effect was instantaneous and almost magical.

6. Nate
    October 1, 2009 at 6:41 am

Wow, that worked for me on Vista 32 bit…how did they ship with this problem? Automatically detect settings is on by default in any version of Windows…

7. Agenor
    October 14, 2009 at 1:19 am

Just wanted to say thanks! This worked immediately. Running Windows 7 RTM x64.

8. Daniel
    November 5, 2009 at 2:38 am

This immediately worked for me! Running Windows 7 64-bit. Thanks!!!

9. Yay
    November 10, 2009 at 8:56 pm

Worked right off the bat for me running windows 7. Thanks very much

10. January 10, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Zune 4.0 Marketplace (slowness) fix .Thanks for nice post.I added to my twitter.

11. Ophthoman
    January 20, 2010 at 6:22 am

This worked instantly without even restarting zune player and IE. Thank you!! This was really bugging me.

12. Mike
    October 25, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Sweet…

I did not have this problem on 32 bit Win 7 but it appeared after loading Win7 64 bit. This fix worked with a restart. You are my new Zune BFF. lol

13. Dustin
    December 12, 2010 at 8:24 am

Holy crap my connection to the Zune stream service is actually fun to use now and not a pain in the neck. I was contemplating dropping the service entirely. Microsoft owes you a major thank you.

14. Scott
    April 20, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Thank you SO much, a 60 second fix to a problem that had me pulling my hair out.

1. No trackbacks yet.